Shipping Insurance and Protection
Protect your packages from lost or damaged while in transit or “porch pirated"
The Shipping insurance provides shipping insurance for your online purchases at Designeroptics.com that are lost or damaged while in transit or “porch pirated” (“porch pirated” meaning the carrier reports the status as “delivered” but the parcel has been stolen from the delivery address and a police report has been filed).
To file a claim please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and the details of the claim
Terms and conditions
- Claims for packages marked “delivered" must be filed after 5 days and before 15 days from the date the package was marked “delivered.”
- Claims for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not “delivered”) must be filed after 7 days (20 for international) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
- A police report is required for packages marked “delivered
- If we believe there's suspicious activity or false claims about the claim, we will notify the USPS and the police department for an investigation and we reserve the right to withhold payment/coverage until it's being cleared by them
- We refund the cost of the item(s) alone. Shipping costs, taxes, and the Route premium are not included. We also do not pay custom/duty fees.
- Geographical Limits Exclusions
Shipments to/from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan and truck/rail shipments to/from/within Mexico are excluded entirely. coverage for shipments to Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) ceases upon discharge from the ocean vessel or aircraft. The CIS presently includes Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.