Brand Spotlight – Persol Eyeglasses Back to Blog
Looking to change up your look? Persol is one of the oldest and most well-respected eyewear companies in the world, and they’ve got tons of great glasses that are sure to last you for years to come. In this blog, Designer Optics will take a look at a brief history of this eyewear brand, and look at our top 5 best-selling Persol glasses!
A Brief History Of Persol
Persol was first founded in 1917 by Giuseppe Ratti, and its name is derived from the Italian term “per il sole,” meaning “for the sun.” Its trademark is a silver arrow, which is often seen on the temple arms of their sunglasses and eyeglasses.
Persol was originally founded to market sunglasses to pilots and sports drivers, but over the years, it has expanded into offering a full range of sunglasses and eyeglasses.
It first arrived in the US in 1962, and continued to expand, opening a flagship store in Beverly Hills in 1991. In 1995, Persol was sold to eyewear giant Luxottica, which also owns Oliver Peoples, Burberry, Oakley, and Ray-Ban, to name just a few.
Our Best-Selling Persol Eyeglasses
With a long history, lots of unique designs, and a dedication to using high-quality metal and acetate, Persol eyeglasses are a great choice. Wondering what kind of styles are on offer? Let’s take a look at the top 5 top selling Persol sunglasses at Designer Optics!
- Persol 3050V Eyeglasses – These men’s glasses are built in a classic rectangular shape with rounded corners, and the signature silver arrow of Persol on the arms. They’re ideal for oval and round face shapes, and are constructed of durable acetate. The Persol 3050V eyeglasses are currently available in 4 unique patterns and colors.
- Persol 3012V Eyeglasses – This pair of men’s glasses is similar to the 3050V, but has a more rounded shape with tapered and flared sides, which make them a better option for people with a rectangular or angular face shape. They are available in 13 distinct colors and patterns, providing you with plenty of options.
- Persol 3092V Eyeglasses – These unisex eyeglasses are available in 15 colorways, and feature a rounded lens with a keyhole bridge, which accentuates the nose. The round lens combined with the thick, prominent acetate frame makes them very versatile and suited to many face shapes.
- Persol 3160V Eyeglasses – The Persol 3160V has a classic Pilot shape inspired by aviator-style sunglasses, and features wide, teardrop-shaped lenses with an acetate frame. These men’s glasses are available in 6 different colors.
- Persol 2452V Eyeglasses – These glasses for women have an oval shape and come in 7 colors, with a thin acetate rim that accentuates the metal arms. They’re definitely a statement piece, with a retro flair that’s sure to turn heads.
If you’re interested in exploring Persol eyewear further, Designer Optics is here to help. We have a huge selection of Persol sunglasses and eyeglasses on our website. Shop now to browse all of our men’s, women’s, and unisex styles, and find the Persol glasses that are right for you!